Andeavor Logistics is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic.
As the Diesel Mechanic you will be responsible for all preventive maintenance and repair activities on our transportation equipment, including heavy trucks, tankers, and trailers.
• High school diploma or general education degree. Completion of Diesel Tech vocational training program or 3 years of related experience.
• Proven work experience as a team leader/supervisor.
• TMW/TMT experience preferred.
• DOT annual inspection and brake certifications.
• CDL license highly desirable or ability to obtain in 6 months.
• Perform preventative maintenance on transportation equipment to keep it operating safely and efficiently.
• Inspect and perform major and minor repairs on all equipment.
• Drive long distances on occasion, encountering inclement weather and adverse conditions. Equip the service vehicles with proper tools and parts needed to make field repairs. Maintain a safe driving record and current driver's license.
• Maintain a safe work environment by keeping the shop and work area clean and organized.
• Provide "Unmatched Excellence in Customer Service" in all aspects of position responsibilities.
• Analyze cost saving alternatives in performing job responsibilities.
• Take a pro-active role in "Safety in All We Do". Know and follow all Company safety policies and procedures.
• Maintain a certification on brake repairs and adjustments.
• Make repairs in the field under adverse conditions, often after normal business hours
• Take a pro-active role in the prevention of environmental contamination.
• Good oral and written communication skills and proficiency on computer.
Andeavor, formerly Western Refining, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.